[Video] Key Accounting Factors to Consider when Raising Seed or Series A
In this interview, we chat with Chris Pham the managing director of Mission Grow Advisors about what startups need to be aware of in regards to accounting factors for Series A & Seed Stage capital investments
I had a great interview with Chris Pham from Mission Grow Advisors (he also has one of the best websites I have ever seen :).
We went in-depth about what startups need to prepare for from an accounting perspective when it comes to raising seed or Series A capital.
We chatted amongst these key themes & topics:
- What do startups need to prepare when trying to successfully raise capital? (I.e. What items? Reports? Forecasts? Etc).
- From an accounting perspective, what do they also need to prepare and what assistance from an accountant should they look for?
- How do you as an accountant help them though the process of when they do raise capital? Do you help around forming the right valuations?
- How do you then help startups as an accountant when they have raised successfully? What’s your input on next steps?
- What are mistakes you may see with clients or other startups with their accounting when raising capital?
- How do startups forecast or show scenarios for growth based on their current run rate and how investment will help achieve their goals/KPI’s?
It was a very good interview and worth hearing from Chris in this interview if you're thinking about raising capital for your startup.